Guidance on Remote Learning
All Parents and Carers,
As per our remote learning policy, we expect that parents will:
- Support their child’s learning to the best of their ability.
- Encourage their child to access and engage with Seesaw posts from their teacher.
- Not screenshot or copy any information, messages or posts to share on social media or any other platform outside of Seesaw.
- Know they can continue to contact their class teacher as normal if they require support. If they require any assistance with the programme of work or logging on to SeeSaw, parents are able to email email@example.com
- Check their child’s completed work each day and encourage the progress that is being made.
- Be mindful of mental well-being of both themselves and their child and encourage their child to take regular breaks, play games, get fresh air and relax.
Here are some other bits of advice that families may find helpful:
- Please use the exercise book provided to complete the work for school each day. Take a photo of this work and send it back to your teacher. If you need another work book because the one provided is full, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When returning work- please be understanding of our teachers- they simply cannot work through lots of pieces uploaded at once. Please upload work to SeeSaw as it is completed, and we will respond. A good rule of thumb is to try to complete the day’s work at least by bedtime to ensure that it doesn’t build up for the child or the teacher at the end of a week.
- Teachers will share activities that have been carefully planned in line with our ongoing curriculum in school for the rest of the time that we are apart. Some of these activities may include links to videos on YouTube that explain a concept or teach on a topic.
- Teachers will have carefully analysed this video before sharing it, however it is absolutely your choice whether you allow your children to use YouTube. We ask that your children are closely supervised when watching any video, we have shared to ensure that they watch only the material we have shared and do not go on to view any other unrelated content.
- Teachers will be available to contact pupils through SeeSaw but only for clarification on how to actually complete pieces of work. Families are welcome to use the comment button below their child’s work as this will only be seen by the teacher and the family in question.
- We understand that you may have more than one child who requires access to the SeeSaw app. Teachers will try to plan for lessons that allow for offline learning.
- Should a teacher themselves become ill, parents should be aware that communication from the class teacher will be understandably reduced. Another teacher from their year group will share lesson plans for the day as usual on SeeSaw but will not be able to reply to messages or questions during this time.
- Remember if you need any assistance at any time, contact email@example.com and we will response as soon as possible via email or telephone.